We, the students, staff and learning community of Hazeldean School believe that all children must receive an education that focuses on high academic achievement, a commitment to the arts, physical, social and emotional well-being and a strong sense of responsibility to the community.
- we are partners with parents and with the community, and that collaboration is essential to success
- in the worth and unique abilities of each person.
- students learn by combining previous experiences and new knowledge.
- learning is an intellectual, social, physical and emotional activity.
- the arts are an essential part of education, life and the development of responsible citizens
- physical education and well-being are central to learning and development.
- technology is an integral part of preparing our students for the future.
The Hazeldean Early Education Program provides children with complex and varying needs an individualized play-based, literacy enriched program. Each classroom establishes a safe and appropriate learning environment for Early Childhood development. WE believe child-centered and developmentally appropriate programming fosters active learning, increased communication skills, and independence in our children. Children gain a sense of pride and self-confidence as they successfully develop foundational skills in preparation for Kindergarten.